Saturday, March 31, 2012

Memory, none existent in the moonlight

So today I've been in much better comfort than I have been in a while (mostly but il get to that). Yesterday my PCA fentanyl got put up another 10 which turned out just what was needed to stop pressing the button every 6 minutes to once or twice every few hours or so! So for most of today I was much more with it, much more able to process and retain information. I actually found myself quite upset by how poor my memory of the last few weeks are. This week most particularly, since the surgery and the PCA anyway. I was actually looking for something in my phone when I found this blogger app, which I have no memory of downloading, and now also find I used it to write the last blog post! Or for that matter a lot if messages that I have sent.

Unfortunately I'm not as comfortable or lucid as I was earlier - I'm having more of that weird nervy pain in my left chest and arm, and so despite being very tired I'm staying awake to get the pain to a good level so I can get good sleep. Well that's the theory. So when I rediscovered this app I thought "hmm new post!".

Typing is currently easiest on my iPhone. The surgery on Thursday went ahead with a rod in both the left femur and right humerus, so my right arm is in a sling. Initially the sling was on under my hospital gown too which meant I couldnt even use my hand.very frustrating trying to do everything with my left hand. Especially as my tremors are still about pretty much as bad as they've ever been. Just another added frustration.

Lots of frustrations since the second surgery. Though the most frightening wake up I've had post surgery is definitely after the initial biopsy, this was by far the most painful. It had been a very tedious morning/night before. They came in at 10pmish saying they wanted to give me two units of blood. Course they had no luck so...
.... I can't actually remember the course of events well enough. Il have to wait til tomorrow when family visit and I can go over it with mum and get things in order. Scrolling over all this you can really see how dopey I am. Fair bit if typing, not much substance. Opioids aren't as effective on this nerve pain, so I have to take more to get the same cover, so I wind up heaps more drowsy and out of it leavin me once again frustrated, as I can't sleep properly because they pain is just that bit too high, but I'm too wobbly to do anything productive like type.
I Will do another tomorrow that actually tells you something.

1 comment:

  1. Smart, gutsy, Katie - it's a privilege to read this journal and I'm so proud to know you. Keep on keeping on...
    Nerve pain is a bastard - somehow, the world seems to contract to the immediate surrounds of your central nervous system (or that's how it feels to me, anyway). But the rest of the world is still out here waiting for you to come back into the sunlight...

    ReplyDelete