Friday, March 23, 2012

Lots of hours in waiting rooms

Very long day. Short version I have energy to tell is:

got to hospital,
had xrays,
waited,
had CT scans,
had blood taken,
waited,
went home.

Except that takes us from 11am - 4pm ish. Though I slept more solidly last night than I have in a while, its still just 5 hours sleep on many days of 3 - 5 hours sleep and I am just so very tired.

Surgery will be monday - they would have done it today but because I have small young bones they dont have a nail the right size, so they have to fly it down from sydney. Though it being a few days later means itl be a few days less healing between surgery and chemo (I dont think they will be doing radio on the sites just after surgery) its hard not to be glad it isn't today, I think it would just be too much too fast today.

I wont be having any visiters/seeing anyone before the surgery, but will definitely be letting people know post surgery about visiting. They said I should expect to be in a few days. I'm hoping I'l be out after just one night, I'm already going to be admitted the following week for chemo I'd like at least a little time at home with my visiting family.

1 comment:

  1. Katie - wow there's obviously a lot of stuff happening for you and your family right now. Really hope that you do have a quick recovery from surgery (being young is definitely in your favour to suggest a quicker recovery and earlier home time!) and that the chemo and radio have the desired effects soon.
    I've just found you on Twitter - after finally signing up for the first time!!
    Make sure you wipe down your computer with alcohol wipes etc so you can take it into hospital with you for your "bubble time" :)
    Lots and lots of warm wishes for Monday.
    - FCS

    ReplyDelete