Saturday, September 10, 2011

Super Speedy Heal-ee Powers!

I'm feeling really good. I wake up a bit sore in the mornings and often need a bit of help getting out of chairs and beds, but after getting my drugs down I am able to do normal stuff. Yesterday I not only cooked, but also had a shower and went to a friends bonfire party for a little while! I came back feeling fantastic- getting back to normal things and seeing friends makes the most enormous difference.

I realised last night at this bonfire how few of my close friends actually read this blog! Which is kinda funny- I suppose its because they believe I'l tell anyway. This is true, but I forget things, and there are quite a few people to tell. Some of them were surprised to hear my lung was involved in the surgery at all! haha ahhwell.

Tomorrow I get my stitches out, and see my oncologist or one of his underlings about what comes next when. Though I'm anxious not to leave it too long before I return to chemo, I have a friends floristry competition thing at floriade this saturday and TEDx the following saturday, and desperately hope chemo can wait til after then. It all depends on when I'm healed enough. I dont know when that will be. I'm also concerned about the chemo attacking the fast changing healing cells in my chest and preventing me from recovering properly from surgery, though I dont really know how much of a risk that is to begin with. I'm looking forward to tomorrow though, the surgeons report will have been sent to my oncologist and he'l be able to tell me about ti properly. Its frustrating how the surgeons dont give you anything in writing after the surgery, so all you have are drug addled fuzzy memories about what he said when he visited you in ICU. All very unclear. My understanding is it went well. I dont know if that means he believes it was successful in taking out the whole tumour, or most of it, or a lot of it, or just that it was a tidy and efficient operation.

I was hoping to write more but my laptop is about to go flat- I'l update again tomorrow after seeing the Dr.

3 comments:

  1. Hoping for a good result at the doctor today, Katie. Rest assured that family in the West read your blog and print and post it to one without a computer. We are all with you all the way. More sunny days will hopefully be coming your way and not just with the weather....stay positive and as strong as you possibly can. Lots of love and hugs...S in the West xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, its so lovely getting these comments from you Sandra and hearing about the family. I feel so supported.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you're doing well and improving every day :)

    ReplyDelete