Sunday, April 24, 2011

Progress

Yay! The swelling and pain in my left arm has gone down enormously, which means the tumour is already shrinking and bit not putting as much pressure on veins and arteries and nerves and such.

Nausea is also getting better, we're getting the hang of the various medications better and working out what I can eat etc.

Still very tired, but looking forward to feeling more alive in a few days and eventually being up to wig shopping later this week. Yeah, I'm going to lose my hair from the chemo- probably within the next couple of weeks.

Thank god I dont live in america. One of the chemo drugs I'm on costs about 1mil to produce a litre. Can you believe it? But its all free here. My family would be destitute just about anywhere else in the world. That or I'd have a significantly worse prognosis.

I should have stressed in the initial post- my prognosis is really very very good. Its extremely treatable, I'm at the best age I could be and have access to one of the best health care systems in the world. Its the chemo mostly thats gonna be hard. Well, is hard.

Hoping the cube karaoke finals will fall just before my next round of chemo so I may get to compete in that after all. I'm planning on getting some absurdly colourful wig for the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment