Monday, August 22, 2011

Dates! Dates fo surgery!

Well its been an interesting few days. On friday mum and I went to see the surgeon, who tried to load my scans on his computer, failed, told me he'd need another CT scan before he could operate anyway, and sent us off again. The rest of the day was spent running back and forwards between TCH, CH (which are at opposite ends of town to each other) and the surgeons office trying to organise a last minute CT scan. It was looking fairly impossible at first, since we only have a week before I was meant to be in surgery anyway, and it cant be delayed longer than a week really as I cant go that long without chemo.

Everything worked out though- we managed to get a CT scan booked for thursday at calvary (which is close to home) followed by an appointment with the surgeon on friday morning. We made sure we'd have the scan results and everything with us when we went to the surgeon too. So this was all looking hopeful, but since I hadn't been booked for surgery I wasn't too sure I'd get a place that week which would mean another round of chemo first anyway.

I was wrong! Yesterday we got a call saying that I was booked in for thursday week at TCH! So, everything has sort of come together at the last minute. A big relief.

Yesterday I was meant to attend a Look Good Feel Great workshop with mum at calvary, but this was cancelled due to a protest. They were expecting huge traffic jams delays, but in the end the turnup was thousands of people smaller than expected, and the roads were clear after all. Which is good. It was concerning to think that the hospital was expecting people to have difficulty getting there. A bit of a safety hazard.

So thats all good news. Also looks like I'l be out of hospital in time to see dylan moran, even if I'l be in pain and on drugs. Surely the latter can only improve the experience!!

5 comments:

  1. I hope the surgery goes really well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have posted a comment twice only to have it fail both times. So this time, all I will say is good luck for Thursday, 1 September...Spring time...new season, new start?? Every positive thought is coming your way. Lots of love Sandra xx :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to forget to wish you all the best for Thursday - so I'll do it now :)
    Hope it all goes well with everything and you have a short, speedy, pain free recovery!
    As another anonymous internet reader I'll be looking for your post-surgical blog post to know you're okay - and until then I'll keep my fingers crossed and wish you lots of positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and your family. This is an amazing blog from an amazing young woman. lots of love from Melbourne, Shakira.

    ReplyDelete